A life destroyed...

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Feb 25, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@bubbly, yeah, t'is :grin:
    @ankur, dude, that was one of the most comprehensive critiques i have read, i thorougly respect your opinions, however i have some things to say. You say that poems need to be written in a manner that the masses should understand, but does that really come into play when you're not writing for the masses? Attaining abstract imagery at the highest perceptive level, is unfortunately, not possible by using simple language. It takes the highly skilled poet to use language that everyone can understand and still create a masterpiece out of it. I readily admit that i'm no where close to that. Redundant phrases? Hm, that's quite interesting, i'd like to hear your views about what you found redundant in my poem. I'm waiting to hear back from you.
    @walk_alone, give me a good reason to close down this thread and if i cant argue my point, i will close it down.

2. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Well isnt that self realization a reason enuff.

Anyway, i dnt support closing threads at this rate by mods.
    There shd be logic behind such acts.
    there were few threads that were closed apparently for no reason.

sorry for hijacking this thread.

closing threads shdnt be for fun or timepass.

3. d_ist_urb_ed

^Do you know why we dont close down ANY threads in this forum? The purpose of this forum is to provide a place where the members can post their creative work and a chance for other members to critique it as they see fit. If we closed down the threads after a certain time per se, the whole purpose gets lost cause if someone later finds it, he cant post on it. We mainly closed down threads in the CCL, and i'd appreciate it if you gave me the links to threads that you felt were closed down without proper "logic". And i'm like amazed that you think we do this for fun or timepass, trust me, we have much better things we'd like to do for fun.

4. walk_alone

I agree with Sarat to certain extenet that there are lots of dead and stupid threads that needs to be closed.
    A forum like CCL and Music talk in bound to have thread like these.
    therefore I personally believe that those threads that talk abt music,artists and bands shd be allowed to run for few days before they are closed.
    an example:
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=20359

5. d_ist_urb_ed

6. walk_alone

IGT has more than 20,000 members and everyone wanna discuss smthng way he/she intends to.
    Some of these threads are so long that to read them from the begining is tedious.
    Such dead threads should be closed and removed from IGT.
    I wdnt like to hijack someone else thread with my topic no matter how similar the contents maybe.

Anyway mods might wanna start off from deleting old dead threads in CCL and Music Talk and then shift their attention to new one.

a mod gotta do what a mod gotta do.

7. d_ist_urb_ed

Brilliantly put. Adding to that, "a mod gotta do what a mod gotta do and no-one better than a mod to know what he gotta do". I deem this discussion over.

8. Loopy Fruit

Loopy Fruit New Member

@walk_alone

So, u should really STFU.

9. Loopy Fruit

Loopy Fruit New Member

@disturbed

Loved the poem, it deserves to be published :)
    You sure use "big" words but to me it didn't seem out of place anywhere. You used them splendidly. My poems are much simpler but I definitely like ur style of poetry.

10. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Hey, as soon as i understand the poem i will figure out the redundant parts :p:

jokes aside, the idea of redundancy was for general purpose...possibly no relation with ur poem...but i was hoping to draw...people's attention to tht article..
    did u read it yet?? My next post will have questions from tht article...i hope u r prepared :think:

but i agree with u, poems should have that extra bit...tht sets them a level higher than normal writing! But poem is also meant to strum the strings of ur heart! but if the brain fails to comprehend the poem...poor heart will have undesired muting! :p:
    Keeping with the spirit of IGT..musical language should be incorporated in our poems..wht say??

11. Loopy Fruit

Loopy Fruit New Member

musical language??? what's that :confused:

IMO, it's just a different style of writing, not every poem has to be simple and not every poem has to be written for the "lay man"

12. walk_alone

was I talking to u Loopy?I dnt think so.

13. d_ist_urb_ed

^But that answers your question doesnt it? I, as moderator of this website reserve the right to edit threads as i feel necessary. I hope that ends the discussion
    @loopy, i love you loopy <3
    @ankur, that's the point i was making, i dont care if strings are muted, sounded or even broken. For those that understood, i'm sure it resonated with them, and no i had things more demanding of my time than that article. Musical language? What does that mean?

14. walk_alone

Yes Sarat it does, but rephrase that sentence it shd go like this :

I, as moderator of this website am "responsible" to edit threads as i feel necessary.

your doing a gud job its just give some breathing space to new threads.

anyway discussion over.

15. d_ist_urb_ed

^Well put, i agree sir, thank you! I will do my best to act responsibly.