A Guitar

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rabi_sultan, Jan 4, 2004.

1. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

i saw in Southall's local music store (for those who know what im talking about not Bina the other one on broadway) and i saw the most interesting guitar. Sadly i was in a rush to get to uni so i never stayed to ask questions or even try it.

Personally I don't think it was a great make but then this guitar i've never seen Fender, Gibson, Ibanez etc make one.

Let me explain imagine a normal 6 string electric guitar. ok? so when you look at it from the front you will notice that (on most) the knobs for tone/volume etc and the jack plug are located on the right hand side (so below the strings for when u are playing).

Hope your all ok with the description so far, so on the left hand side there was a raised plastic guard of some sort towards the bottom of the body and was probably only about 2 inches in its length after which there was about (guess) 12 strings from top to bottom on the side of the body. More interestingly these did not have any easy way of being tuned up which led me to think can these actually be played or are they just for design? if they can how do you tune them? Another reason to why i think it would have been just for design is that i didn't see any pickups, however i might be mistaken about this since i didnt spend too much time looking at it and was more of a glance.

so anyone know if those extra strings are there for a reason? perhaps its a guitar built to provide sitar like sounds with higher pitch notes due to the strings on the left hand side of the body and the raised plastic guard as a arm rest for when your playing the normal 6 string?

thoughts anyone?

2. alli

alli The Best Ever

hmm................:think:

u shud take a pic and post it on..mebbe we would all be clearer bout it then...
    then again...if u have the time to do tht ....

3. rabi_sultan

time? sadly that right now i dont have (uni exams and coursework) plus i dont own a digicam.

Hopefully by the end of the month or early February i'll get a pic of it. Shame the company doesn't have a website (that i'm aware of)...hmm :think: good money making idea there :)

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

sounds like a good guitar...

5. rabi_sultan

ok it happens just by pure luck that i found out what it was, a Electic Guitar Sitar. or Sitar Guitar, can't remember which way around it goes.

in any case thats what it was, iv got an exam soon so i'll post later with a link to the internet shop thats got the picture that i was trying to describe.

6. Taj

Taj New Member

"Electric Sitar Guitar???"
    interesting man !

7. alli

alli The Best Ever

naais naaiss....

8. Redalert

Redalert New Member

whats an electric guitar sitar?:shock:

9. alli

alli The Best Ever

1 : its electric

2 : its sitar ...

3 : its guitar too.

wats so tough to understand ???

:p

10. rabi_sultan

11. scot_hacker

scot_hacker New Member

Neat

Wowie wow wow...

12. rabi_sultan

13. HellRazor

HellRazor New Member

thats a beautiful guitar!how does the sitar thing sound and y do u need it? also 725 X 45 = 32,625:shock:

14. rabi_sultan

[IMG=https://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/lachen/laughing-smiley-007.gif][/IMG]

in any case I think Rogue make this, and they are based I believe in South Korea so it might be SLIGHTLY(!) less than what you think!!

15. slash

slash New Member

thats a kickass guitar m8 with an equally kickass price:shock:

16. Taj

Taj New Member

yeah man :shock:

17. tejas_9889

tejas_9889 New Member

i had seen sumthin like yhis in 30 secs 2 fane ... well it looks damm intrestin `but dont knw how gug it soundz