A Good but cheap electric guitar in India

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by arachnid, Mar 15, 2006.

1. arachnid

arachnid SCORPIONS

hey guyz, iv been playin acoustic for about 3 yrs and i think its high time that i buy an electric, i was goin to start lookin for one, when my parentz said we'r movin back to India. DAT RULZZZ!!! but now i dunt know which electric guitar to buy back home, i dont think i'll be able to buy a gibson or sumthin, dunt know if i can afford dat. so i was wonderin what wud be a good cheap electric to buy, btw, do any indian companies like GiVson or HoBner make electrics, if they do, r they any good???

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

maybe a giVson

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

d00d, you are better off buying the guitar from Us/Canada.

You will get cheaper stuff there. The guitars in India are more expensive. (I am not converting the prices based on Currency Exchange rates but on the price parity basis by which US$1 ~ Rs10.

Anyway, the fact is that cheap guitars in India are not fabricated with care, needless to say that the wood and fninishing is also not good.

But you can always try out Guitars from Tansen, Comet, GB&A, Givson etc.
    Once you come here and go to a music shop you will see a lotsa guitar brands.

However, I would still suggest you to get the guitar from your place.

4. arachnid

arachnid SCORPIONS

thanx alpha but yaar, even i wanted to buy it over here, but u see, rite now im not exactly old enough to make these decisions completely on my own, so my parentz want me to wait till i get to india, so thats why i was askin for india which guitar wud be most cost efficient if u kno wat i mean