A button on the processsor is not fucntioning

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rust_in_pain, Jun 14, 2006.

1. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

hi,

it seems that i am one of the unlucky people when it comes to guitar gear.
    now a button which is used to reduce the value of any parameter on my AX1500G is not functioning.i can do the same with the knobs but some parameters can only be handled by that button.

does somebody know a way to get it right.i am not in delhi so i cant go to any shop.

2. Oliver Varier

Oliver Varier New Member

Hai Rust in Pain, I have an AX1500G which had the same problem sometime back, its like 5 years old, I serviced it and changed those switches, its like some 3rs. per switch and 200 for the service. Thats it, Im back on track, dont worry abt that...

3. rust_in_pain

where did u serviced it from?

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

If you have the guts then open the screws and check the knobs and buttons linkage to the PCB.

Usually teh PCB is sealed, but you can still see the connections of these buttons.

But yeah, dont break the gurantee/warantee seal.

5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

I had a similar problem with my Zoom 606 .
    Just open the processor up and take a look inside and just see if anyone of the wires isnt connected.
    Yeah you can also Service it by giving it to your local guitar shop guy. ( if you trust him hahaha)

6. Oliver Varier

Oliver Varier New Member

I serviced my processor with Pro Musicals, Chennai..

7. rust_in_pain

yes i did it!
    i opened it up ...so see the plastic part of the button wasnt properly reaching the rubber part embedded on the PCB...
    i couldnt see any wires though...maybe it was connected through the PCB only...anyways the problem is solved....thnx alpha for ur motivation.. hehe

8. Oliver Varier

Oliver Varier New Member

You did a great job