7,8 and 9 String Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dhim, Jul 26, 2004.

1. dhim

dhim New Member

2. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

My guitar instructor in college has a 8 string classical guitar... its a pity he never tried playing an electric guitar, metal music...

I dont like playing nylon strings, though the sound is very beautiful and smooth... it just doesnt feel the same.

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I rented a 12 stringer for like a week during my last recording session.. Also tried an 8 String Bass..

4. tejas

tejas ..........

8 string bass. Wow, i've never heard of that before. I've played a double neck guitar. My guitar teacher has one. He dosent normaly let me play that, but that day was an exception. It was fun.

5. jayanth

An 8 string bass his Just like a 12 string guitar.. I played it at this shop where i rent stuff.. I've played a Double neck too. Feels really cool.. But heavy,,

6. tejas

tejas ..........

Oh yeah, heavy is right. I had trouble holding it at first. I was so used to the weight of the guitar i normally play there that when i held it first i almost fell down. Then out of fear of damaging it i held it tightly.But, the experience is worth it.

7. jayanth

He he... I used two straps.. Which was already fixed..

8. dhim

dhim New Member

I too am interested in the 12 string. but I think I will buy it at year end. The biggest difficulty in a 12 string is stringing the instrument and then tuning it right.

I played the chords of hotel California at my instructors place, they sound so cool.

Moreover one should try playing the chords of STRINGS, Junoon and Lucky Ali they sound so sweeet. Please try this.... its worth it.

Regards,

DHiM

9. tejas

tejas ..........

I have a 12 string simulator on my processor. I play on that. It sounds really nice, but im sure the real one will be far better.

10. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i have that effect too...sounds nice, but not real.
    i've never played more than 6 strings :(
    thats y my name :p

11. dhim

dhim New Member

I really like the 12 string jangling kind of a sound. Though there are not much songs that one can play on the 12 string for the effect

Regards,

DHiM

12. jayanth

Both of you use Korg AX 1 g or Zoom??

A 12 string is Beautiful only thing is that Its so bugging to tune one.. I was lucky enough to do that..

13. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i use zoom 707 II...

14. jayanth

Perfect guess..