5 match ODI series in south africa.

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Nov 17, 2006.

?

final series outcome??

Poll closed Dec 4, 2006.
  1. india wins 5-0

7.7%
  2. india wins 4-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. india wins 3-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. india loses 2-3

7.7%
  5. india loses 1-4

15.4%
  6. india loses 0-5

38.5%
  7. ties/draws/wash outs involved.. but india WINS series

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. ties/draws/wash outs involved.. but india LOSES series

30.8%
  1. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

^Why are you following me?And what is this jozko thing?
    @bjr I agree our batsmen are not good enough to be in the team.Barring one or two we could well kick them out.What i meant was that ganguly will have a tough time once the regular bowlers play.Look what happened when they rested their main bowlers for the 20 overs match.It is the only game they have lost on this tour so far.Our lousy batsmen were able to play them.But had ntini and pollock or even a andrew nel were playing the result could have been different.
    btw i am a huge ganguly fan

2. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

I am not following you jozko. It is MY duty to reply to any unread posts. I say it again, it's time to go.

3. rohit

rohit New Member

@nazr-those fast bowlers are not in sa team because in sa they have a quota system which requires 7 black players in squad of 15.secondly they have better bowlers to pick.

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It's really not about Ganguly here even though I admit his case is the one I've used most often. Kicking out are regulars is acceptable as long as we had suitable replacements. We've seen the sort of replacements that came in for Ganguly...I don't think kicking out people who have done well at some point is the solution. However, it is also not great that they be taken time and again even after failures. I did not object to Sourav Ganguly being dropped but do feel that a line has to be drawn somewhere when Dinesh Kartik walks in at no.5.

The biggest problem is our bench strength...there is none. South Africa's bench strength is formiddable at least in the bowling department so we have players there who are on the verge of making the side or waiting for Pollock's retirement or whatever. India's bench strength is, to put it mildly, weak. We can't afford to kick a Michael Bevan out of our side because we do not have a Mike Hussey waiting on the sidelines. If we had adequate replacements, I would have been in favour of letting a few heads roll.