4 the outside india/pak igtians or foriegn returns!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by somendra_guitar, Jun 9, 2005.

1. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

i saw a movie last night on cable
    it was
    'i proud to be an indian'
    there they showed a lot of discrimination by english to indian
    especially a separate group of gangsters called 'skin haze' who used to hate indians
    they treated indians like s_hit

i was wondering that if this was real??
    do they actually do it??

so i thought i wud ask my igt friends residing in uk
    so frnds can u help my curosity??

in other countries also is the situation like this???
    i've heard in middle east also its like this!!
    wats it like in usa,canada & other european countries??

plz post!!!

2. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

dude... me in dubai rite now.... dosen't seem like there is discrimination.... dunno about u.k. or other countries... over here the scene is pretty cool

3. shak

shak Harrr!

here in UK anti-social behaviour and racism are big problems, its not that every pakistani/indian is hit by the racist goups, such physical attacks are very rare.
    for example i remember once i was in this bus and i sat with this racist white guy, and first thing he said was "dont sit with me if u have a bomb in that bag!" ... i was like what????
    but generally, i must say that british people are very warm and friendly people, there are a very few "gangs" who just doesnt want to live in peace but 99% or brits have large welcoming hearts, there is so much cultural diversity in england alone that they have even paired thier cities and boroughs with indian cities, for example there is an area in birmingham call smethwick its paired with amritsar india, and they have put up boards proudly tellin this fact!
    for me england has become just like a second home, to be honest i now consider myself half pakistani and half brit, and i owe this all to the british public ... they are just awesome.

but like every other country there are trouble makers ... nothin can be done about them i dun want to get political but even the politcal parties are known to be racist here in uk .. PM me if u wanna know the name .. but i am sure u already know.
    so in a nutshell, its not as bad as it is told, its all propaganda, there is no open discrimination on the basis of skin colour, all live in peace and harmony ...
    oh yeah i rem, in this term, there are 5 MP's and 3 Lords that are pakistani's!!(in the westminster) so yeah all are treated equal (sorry dunno about indians, will look into it)

by the way the latest "word around" in uk is "neva fall asleep in tube or bus!!!" .. cuz these teens video u sleeping in the bus with their mobile phones and then one of em will SLAP u really hard ... i mean really really hard!! as the video is being made ... then run off ... its really sick .. i have seen the vids these gangs.... they dont even pardon the pensioners!!

4. browneyegurlie

browneyegurlie Sweet as Honey

there are problems, there will always be problems where ever you go but its in the minority. i have a perfectly happy life here and my friend circle is mixed.

5. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

most people are warm and courteous. I've felt ppl here in the US show more respect than I've seen in India!
    But wherever you go, minorities will be discriminated against. I know of cases where firangs were treated shabbily in India. Happens everywhere.
    Just keep your cool and selfrespect. give respect and get respect. don't worry abt random idiots.
    For instance, if someone told me that in a bus ("dont sit with me if u have a bomb in that bag!") you could say "If I really had a bomb in my bag, would it make a difference to u if I was sitting somewhere else on this bus?" and quietly move to a different seat if one is available.

6. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

wrong grammar....shud hav been "I am proud to be an indian" :p:

7. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

^^^actually the movie is called "I proud to be an Indian" it's not "i m proud to be an indian".....and no i have never been discriminated or seen any1

8. somendra_guitar

@shahrukh
    didn't understand these two cases!!!!

@cypher
    man didn't u see the movie
    its name is---- I - proud to be an indian

@ananth
    i have noticed in many cases in this rigard & seen tht US has less of this discrimination thing

@ajax
    man i heard frm a family frnd who lived in dubai as a doc.
    he was strongly discriminated
    he even didn't get any patients in his pvt. clinic for 7 yrs.
    b4 going there he was much like a sudo hi-fi person
    after coming back he literally kissed the land on the airport

@ all
    i have taken up a summer holiday assignment on the same topic
    i need extnsive info on this
    shahrukh,ajax,browneye,desipride,ananth & all others
    please help me!!!!!!

9. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

dat ws supposed to be a joke dude....n btw ive seen da movie....to be frank its juss crap......too stereotype.....

10. shak

shak Harrr!

@somendra_guitar: aah neva mind ...... the second thing is just one ma famous rubbish talks and the first one is well ... the area of smethwick is so heavily populated with sardar jees that the council people have officially called it the sister city of amritsar india .. so basically they have acknowledged the sikh community and they feel proud of having them .. thats good!

11. somendra_guitar

@ shah rukh & all others
    can i get more extensive info frm u
    4 my assignment

12. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

UK most people are RACIST "M F" (I am not saying ALL) ........ Remember "Salpal Ram"........ What they did to him........ That way UK sucks......