3 more BAND-MEMBERS wanted.. needamass playaa..

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by i_m_dum_ass#, Mar 6, 2008.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

when the aim of criticism isn't to try and bring someone down or hurt or attack them, it can be constructive since it points out flaws that you might yourself not see. If you get rid of these flaws or are at least able to perceive them, you get better at whatever you're doing.

Like my post right before this was NOT constructive in any way.

and don't worry, you're going to overtake me because I don't have internet in Calcutta (i'm leaving for cal today) and because I don't find much outside the CC lounge interesting.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, I think it's awesome how you reflect the complete opposite attitude on this post from the one in the first post. I suspect this is who you are....if so, stay this way.

Sure, you need a bit of attitude when you're making music but pretentiousness isn't ever going to help.

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

very true! But it takes a big heart to accept honest criticism!.... So, sum ppl may not be worthy of being criticised....

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I hate being criticized and can barely take it but I at least don't let the person criticizing me know it...and even though I hate to admit it, it does help when I listen to what they're saying.

eg- Like I've said here before, I really really wanted to be a singer but I just don't have the voice for it...not a conventional voice anyway and I always wanted to sing 80s rock. It took quite a few people to convince me and I became a backup vocalist (and reasonably decent at that)...but yeah, criticism hurt at that point.

5. i_m_dum_ass#

i_m_dum_ass# New Member

is it getin sO much emotionaL?? ..unnnn any plaayaaz??

6. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

i second!
    lets see what u got.....

post some of ur ass shit!

cheers!
    :beer:

7. i_m_dum_ass#

i_m_dum_ass# New Member

..iF i posted ma songz here.. then this thread gonna b a controversial or may b kiked oFF into trash#.. and i know that

haaaa.. so my friendz.. jus gimme or find me some band-memberz and i will giv u the complete versions of ma songz with no excuse or UNDER-CONSTRUCTIVE sense.. i think you might hav got it what i want to say..

8. anubhav27

anubhav27 New Member

then i think u shud forget of getting even a single member from here...coz unless u show some of ur work how will like minded get to know urs !!!!!!

9. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@dum ass: you gotta be confident in your own work to be able to throw it out there and say, "b.itch you KNOW you WANNA sing for me."

make us wanna feel like joining your band. playing punk rock needs to come from the inside..(as with all music) however, our genre is much deeper..and we need to be able to relate to what we're going to be playing or whatever..

if you really think you are good enough to be getting swarms of people at your gigs then you need to be able to take criticism..and you need to be confident in your own work..(this is where the MATURE kick ass attitude comes in) to be able to show it off..

music is always controversial..and they all feelings.. let it out. cos one day you plan on sharing it with the world. so how can you feel ashamed or embarrassed to show it to us, fellow igtians and possible fellow band members?

bring it on, ni.gga..let us read it. :cool:

10. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

im game for punk but im more into pop punk...(green day,simple plan,blink 182)

otherwise obviously the only genre i worship is glam metal.......

but i do love listenin to any of the 80s rock be it metal,power or wateva////

tch tch spammmmm

11. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

i think he's afraid that he will be robbed here, thats why he doesn't wanna show his work....... or he himself not so confident of his work.

12. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I fear that the second point might be the case :think:

13. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

well, thts teh case with me too! In past, i used to react to any kinda criticism faced, but later, i found out tht it's better to listen to criticism quietly and take lessons from the "HONEST" CRITICISM. I don't care about others.... Tht the way to go, atleast for me...

14. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@radical: thats called alternative. you can get shot for calling it pop :cool:

15. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

hahahahah green day alternative....hahahaha

dude dookie was a pop punk album(greatest)....
    simple plan is alll pop punk.....

i dunno why people relate pop only too justin timberlake n stuff.....

pop actually means popular music...

know there is a genre pop metal?????????which is close to hair metal(glam)

16. i_m_dum_ass#

i_m_dum_ass# New Member

...annnnnn

17. i_m_dum_ass#

i_m_dum_ass# New Member

..hearing such statements tOO sometimes bOOst ma confidence ..:D

18. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@radical: zOMG! :shock: damn, you really are right. i looked it up.. what the hell is this world coming to!?

@dum_ass: :think:

19. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

well all i can say is we all hav some misconceptions about pop.....that need to be cleared.....know wat even beegees were pop.....once axl rose said i dunno if i shud call ma band pop....i dont wanna miss a thing by aerosmith is a pop song....def leppard hav changed there music direction to pop.....now watta say...

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I just don't get into genres. It makes life a lot easier. It also keeps me away from the one thousand three hundred and thirty seven categories of metal.

However, I do know that pop is no longer defined as popular music. I think a wiki article paste is called for here.