2nd post>>> my setup and your suggestions

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by -i see sound-, Sep 30, 2007.

1. -i see sound-

-i see sound- New Member

Im planning changing my setup selling some stuff to do it. I want a Gibson Les paul running through a marshal jcm. im selling all my stuff and just buying the shit i need to get a tone. i'm selling my prs for a gibson les paul, and selling my other guitars to help pay for the amp and head. ive just bought a signed roger mayer classic fuzz pedal which i plan on running along side a vox847 and an ibanez tube screamer.

you thoughts on my setup would be appreciated.

im after that slash tone. so i have purchased some Seyour Dunacan alnico II pro neck and bridge pick up to go in the les paul. they are slash's siognature pickups. and he does use them.

any other pedals n stuff you guys can recommend would be cool to mention.

all the best.
    Dave
    \m/

2. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Wow , a friend of mine in the UK just bought a used JCM900 on the bay ... he should be getting it soon so i could tell you how it is in a few days time. And i think that setup would be killer.

3. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

u mst be rich.........lol...........love the slash tone maself...........but wont spend that much until im called by gnr to perform wid dem

4. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

why get one tone? U might be bored in a few years

5. -i see sound-

-i see sound- New Member

i wouldn't say im rich, but i have no life apart from playing guitar. its all i do. all my guitar playing years if been using effects n stuff, trying to the ultimate tone. but i havent quite been able to get there. even withe amp modelling stuff.

So you know what, i though f@ck it, im just gonna sell the little bits and peices i have collected over the years and just buy the best stuff i can afford wth it.

that way at least, if i still sound shit i know its me and not my equiptment. i have been running all my guitars through two 50w marshal cab's. not even tube driven. and im in the mind that im at a stage in my life where i can do it, so why not.

Its important to sound as crisp as possible, and the above list will get me there. all the best

David.

6. -i see sound-

-i see sound- New Member

im not after just one tone. the beauty of slash's tone is that it is very similar to other guitar god's. take zakk wylde and jimmy page, very similar sounds that arent that expensive for me reach. all i gotta get extra for the zakk style is z.wylde signature mxr pedal, jimmy page all i gotta do is change the wah.

pa, if your gonna post comments on this thread, make sure your savvy with tone and playing styles of famous guitarists.
    Please.

David

7. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

also get the slash signature wah.. ive heard only good things about it..

8. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

u calling me pa?

9. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

i think he meant ps

10. Shreddy

but i shall call you pa

11. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

As if I care.......

12. Shreddy

Yeah you do..

13. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

leave it guys as for david i feel u shud search for ur own tone not copy someones........waise bhi ud get ****ed up wid the fuzzy tone after sometime....

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Fuzzy tone?

From JCM900?

15. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

ahh i mean ih hes after the slash tone.......its kinda fuzzy i think.......

16. -i see sound-

-i see sound- New Member

YEAH IT IS hence the recent purchase of a hand signed 1982 classic fuzz pedal.
    its gonna sound great alongside the ts-808.

your thoughts ?

David.
    All the best

17. umangu

umangu New Member

The JCM800 is suppossed to be much better than the 900.

But why pay more for vintage? The DSL/TSL series is awesome. Also look at the 3 new ranges - JVM, Mode 4 and Vintage modern.

Though if I had to buy a Marshall, I would probably go for the TSL cuase it has everything the vintage Marshalls can do and can't do. Heck, it even has a gain on the clean channel!