2nd Hand Pedals

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Iraqita_EP, Jun 29, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Abay Dennis, I still have KORG AX100G :p:
    I think I will take MT-2.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

btw, Iraq, most of the processors can emulate a WIDE variety of sounds.

So all the stuff you mentioned would be covered by ANY processor.

3. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^^yes...but wich one out of the four ive mentioned will give the best sound???

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

None!
    All sound weak and thin.
    And typically digital.

My bet would be to go for the cheapest: Zoom505.
    Why?
    - It is the cheapest
    - You can dump it without any regrets (as soon as you start hating its tone, which should be pretty soon)
    - You are goign to hate any of these processors within no time, better to invest the least
    - Tonewise all of em suck
    - Tonewise you can make even POD and GT-8 suck if you plug it into Stranger Cube20. I am assuming you will buy either that or plug your processor into Music system / computer. Either way the tone is goign to suck, hence it is better to plug Zoom (the cheaper, the better)

Dude, that was not exactly meant to be harsh on these processors, but I hate these companies. If you listen to their high-end stuff you will realise why I say wat I say.

Listen to Zoom GFX8, or Zoom G7/G9, Digitech GNX3000 etc. and you will realize that in order to make the processors cheaper they have made the simulation crap. Instead they could've actually reduced the features and ket the quality good.
    But no sir, they have done the contrary!

I hate KORG also now.

Earlier KORG had almost uniform tone quality across its range be it AX100, AX1000, AX1500.
    The only reason why one was more expensive than other was because it offered more flexibility and/or features.
    The quality of features in the low-end model was as good as high-end.

Now KORG has also started the crap.
    Compare Ax3000 to AX10G.

You will realise.

5. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

well....i gotta marshall mg15cd amp...and an aria stg-03 electric guitar.....i am saving up for a better guitar but for now i hav to make do wid dis one....
    so according to alpha zoom 505-II will be the better option....but 606-II has an expression pedal added.....any more suggestions?

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

The RP series has the same AudioDNA DSP chip on all models from 50 to 400 or whatever is the highest variant.GNX might be a different beast altogether.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Thats a good news. But then that means even the high end RP series will sound crap. :p: ;)

Anyway, I think someone here mentioned that Digitech processors dont have patch level controls.:shock:

Iraq, yaar then I really suggest you to increase your budget!
    You got a nice amp + speaker. A good processor would make it sound even better.

Actually you dont need more than MG15 initially for the overdrive/distortion.
    It sounds pretty nice by itslef.
    Save some money and buy better stuff later.

8. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

any good multi effects pedal withing 120 dollars?

9. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

How about a Zoom GFX707II??

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

How about zoom G2 or G2.1U for some more money??Or a Zoom gfx3

11. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i got my digitech hot head for 3k
    brand new.

unless u want a crybaby wah wah. u could get a 2nd hand fr that price............

oh yea
    i have a zoom505II
    its not worht it.

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Ok Iraq.. i am going to ask you one Q whic only you can ans..... WHAT EFFECTS DO YOU REALY WANNA USE? ..... I have a 606 and I dont like it..all that much. Its ok... when I first got it I was happy... though I did feel it was not all that great... Then i bought the BAD MONKEY ... and now I dont even look at the Distortion levels in the ZOOm...( I dont use heavy distortion)..,..Its only when I need a distortion level of a DS 1 or hot head that I might use it..... apart from that The 606 is only for stand by as of now until I get a few other pedals that I need.

My point is u can invest on a pedal instead.

13. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^^....i need wah,reverb,delay,heavy metal like distortion and few more effects wich r not necessary but wud like to hav them like tremelo and stuff....plus i also need an expression pedal....according to users on zzsounds.com the Zoom GFX707II is better than the ones nebu(sorry cant spell ur full name) mentioned

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

^Might be the case, I was just throwing some names for you to check out..no personal experience with any of these....you can also check up Harmony Central for more in-depth reviews,I didnt know zzsounds had reviews,I mean some one or two generic lines might be there, not full reviews.

15. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^well....i checked out harmony-central....and according to dem G2.1U pedal was better.....Now im giving u guys my last two options...them down to 2..
    Zoom GFX707II
    or
    Zoom G2.1U
    if ane one has ane one of these pedals cud u plz giv me sum info bout it

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Iraq, one last suggestion, since you are keen on buying a great guitar in 2-3 years, and since you alredy have MArshall MG15CD, get an overdrive-distortion pedal that you can use along with MArshall's inbuilt overdrive. Other way would be to get somethign liek Metal distortion pedal and use it on MArshall's clean channel.

Why I say this is because, these pedals will be a good match with your better guitar that will come later. Taht way you wont have to actually waste any money right now.

Ofcourse the thing is that one pedal would cost you around 2-3K. But then you can always keep adding more pedals to make your set-up more versatile.

The thing is that what you would purchase right now would be useful later too.

Regarding teh limited budget thing, buy a wah pedal and one overdrive or distortion unit. Only two for now.

Later as and when you feel the real need, you put in delay pedal, chorus, flanger, pahser, auto wah, pitch shifter, reverb etc

17. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^^^well.......wat u mean to say is dat i get a seperate wah and distortion pedal right now and then slowly and wenever i feel the need i buy other pedals like chorus and flanger and stuff?
    How much wud they cost?the seperate wah and distortion.

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Oh I almost forgot..dude there is this pedal called Arion Tubulator for $13 on musiciansfriend..absolutely stellar reviews,some people actually like it better than the TS-808 it is modelled after(which goes for $170)..I am dying to get one, but no one there to bring it for me:cry1::cry2:
    Do get it, absolutely no better investment of Rs 600 than that.And you can buy an effects pedal too along with it.But it will give you clean boost to light overdrive, no metal distortions.I still feel its worth getting, in case you play blues/classic rock someday, if you dont now.

19. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i think the marshall amp copes quite well wid dat....but the thing is wen i play rage against the machine or stuff like metallica it sounds a little too light...and i want like a heavy tone...plus i also want wah coz im working on some OC's wich will sound better with wah and delay stuff like dat....dats y i was looking at a multi-effects pedal.....
    If anyone has the Zoom GFX707II or Zoom G2.1U Pedal please please giv me info regarding the pedals performance

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

DUDE!
    Rage against teh Machine requires LEAST possible distortion on Marshall!

For Metallica you defintely require somethign heavier like Digitech Metal Master or BOSS Metal Zone.