2nd hand ibz help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by petermasc, Nov 15, 2006.

1. petermasc

petermasc New Member

hi folks
    i am thinking for going in for a 2nd hand ibz 370.it's only 3 months old edgeIII model.he is asking for 15K.have not seen it though.what do u guys think?
    how stable is the edge III as far as tuning is concerned?
    does the wizard II neck warp easily,compared to say ........a kramer?

would you consider it as a step-up from a kramer striker?

or do u think i should go in for a custom from albertos?

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Chintan has an rg370dx methinks. It seems to be preferred by most of the Indian 'forum guitarists', because all recommended it over a WI64 over at rjsforums :p:

3. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Its a very good guitar, I had it myself, but sold it cos it was not my first choice anyway and I find the locking tremolo (any locking tremolo) a pain in the ass. But 15K at 3 months is a very good price, even compared to prices abroad. and the Edge III is quite good, very stable, I have not heard of the wizard necks warping till now. If you play hard / heavy rock, blindly go for this at 15K, in my honest opinion.

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

he's not selling it for 15k if there isnt something wrong. Peter stay out of the deal man. Ill give u a few reasons why
    1.I have a RG350DX ..regret buying it....it starts cracking all over
    2.Since urs will be 2nd hand....getting a replacement is out of the question
    3.No one sells 20K+ guitars for 15k in less than 1 year so.....its better if u saw it and did research

5. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

oh poor laney. yes i accept with him do have a look at it properly before even thinking abt buying that guitar. ok. if possible play it and see.If it fells good looks good and sonunds good get it.check everything.

6. rohit

rohit New Member

play the guitar then only decide.
    15k for a 3month old seems ok.

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

well its not just OK...its toooo OK...once again just playing the guitar will not show you character traits because when i played the RG350DX it just had a minute 1MM scratch(as venky called it) and this "scratch began to grow....and then one more appeared on the other side..........Its always best to take an Expert along...specially if ur buying an Ibanez lol.....

8. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Between the three.. I would personnely gop for ALBERTOS... then the Ibanez .. I am not a fan of Ibanez guitars but they are defintly better then the Krammers available, now. Krammer is not wha it used to be in the 80's. I would say go with Albertos.

9. petermasc

petermasc New Member

he says he wants to get rid of it because he could not get used to the edge trem.he got it new from bangalore for 20k.he said he will give me some high res pics.to go to his place its a 5hr journey by bus which i will only be able to make in dec due to exams.

10. petermasc

petermasc New Member

hey laney are u sure that the crack is not a cosmetic defect i.e. paint , because a lot of ibanez guitars suffer from a similar problem including the jems.

visit for more info
    https://www.jemsite.com/jem/neckjoint.htm

11. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

hey go for it if ya want but i never prefer second hand stuff

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

what radical said is right...unless you know him very well...dont go for second hand guitars....second hand gear and stuff is alright because its basically electronic inside and theres no worries of wood etc etc...unless its a dud like a GFX8 venky sold to my friend......

and no its not a cosmetic defect because its a CRACk and not paint loss....

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

thanks for that link though....it could be paint....but then it makes sense for my neck to be bending into the body because its warping like crazy

14. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

laney i think buddy VENKY conned you into buying a guitar which was defective and the worst thing is he made you pay the price. what an A*****E he is. yours is a crack dude and the warping and the head stock arrangment is all gone cause of the crack. think the body of the guitar is to be replaced with your head stock. dont know if it will work out or be the same. the mistake was on both sides you as well as VENKY.
    Ibanez are good only thing is you have to check any guitar u buy porperly ok all the best dude.get some help if needed.play it, scan it for any faults then i think u would be fine. No harm in buyin second hand goods as long as u pick the right product.

15. petermasc

petermasc New Member

who is this 'venky'

does ne body have albertos e mail id .
    there was a thread with his website link on it ,cant find it now...please help

16. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

LaneyManey Stop cribbing about your broken guitar in every Thread started !!!
    Yes we know you faced a hard time with an ibanez n all but as u urself said U had seen the crack in the guitar and you believed that venky guy and bought it so WHO IS TO BE BLAMED ?????

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

he wants an Ibanez....and he deserves the right to know whats happenning....and i dont give a s*** what you think because every thread here has the word Ibanez and after my experience its better to scan every Ibanez guitar with a microscope before buying....if u dont like me ...BAN me...se if i care

18. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I have no idea why Ibanez guitars treat me so well.

Never had a single problem, right from cracks to tone to tuning. The RG 370DX is a brilliant guitar imho. I rest my case.

19. petermasc

petermasc New Member

i was thinking of going in for an ibanez because i was getting it for cheap.but was also considering, an albertos custom.if i do buy the ibanez ,dont worry i will check it throughly.laney i think you should trash that 'venky=wanky',or go to the consumers forum/court,because the guy failed to honour the terms of the warranty.going for the ibanez would save me some cash,using which i can upgrade the pups and the electronics,but still it won't have an all acess neck joint.hey laney if u are going to trash him take some goons along.

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

lol i dont wanna trash him . he's just a shop keeper who tries to take every penny out of your pocket. But he was out of line when he sold me a defective or whatnot guitar. But its better we drop this topic or Devil will say something....lol
    And i will never say dont go for an Ibanez...just be careful...because Ibanez are not the people i am at war with...its just venky...
    And im sure you will be happy with the 370DX because my friend has that guitar and its amazing...but he says it De-Tunes pretty frequently so i guess ull have to tweak it up...probably open the back and adjust those three springs...btw if u ever need help with Ibanez tremolos u can message me or call me because ive been tweaking this guitar's tremolo to set for the past 3 months with so many experienced guitarists showing me how. Oh and "The Devil" ...lay off me for a while...

@Chintan : yea those guitars are darn good.....but i think its a hit or dud case with most guitar companies..u got a hit...i got a dud :)