21st Century....are we really living in it?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Apr 4, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Words of wisdom.

Infact very correct it seems.

2. I know this will sound selfish but I was lucky that he left his mum with his own choice at 14 to live with me. (We divorced when he was nine)

As for music he is more into percussion instruments.
    I am more hopefull with my youngest who is 6, spoilt rotten and apple of my eye(from my 2nd marriage).
    He knows all the major chords.

These two sons are Chelsea fans
    Sadly the other two in between are Arsenal fans.
    I keep telling them they are not mine.

3. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

wud luv to marry woman from other religion...as long as there is love between 2 people..things like religion,race and dont exist in their relationship

4. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

^^ open ur eyes mate......... experience the reality :p: religion, race, caste etc everything exists..........love doesnt!! n even if it does......it loses its effect very soon

5. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Maybe true for you. But don't impose your opinion on others.

6. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

What !!! Love doesn't exist!!!!!
    I think you have some sad experience. I had it too, and used to think like you. Now I have realised what is love. Love is not only a relationship between a man and a woman. This is a very little side of love. If there was no love, human species and also the others would have been extinct now!! Don't you love to play guitar??? That's also a part of love! Don't think like that mate.....

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You've been saying some atrocious things throughout the thread but really...!

8. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

All I'm saying is that in our society(india) family bonds are strong, and to keep any bond strong you must compromise. I do not beleive that any family - in their right mind - would want you to be hurt. I'm also not saying that you shud give up on a relationship to satisfy your family members. All I'm saying is that when its your turn, speak to your family members - educate them about why you love this girl/boy so much that religion/race/caste doesnt bother you. Unless and until they know, they will not accept the fact that your relationship will work. A lot of the problems that occur in these marriages come from the fact that the different backgrounds coming together in marriage just dont understand one another. Talk to them about how your kids will be raise (even if its as an athiest). Unless and until we change our families we cat change society. So start at home, n then we'll talk about the world.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^:RollLol:
    Man grow up!

This is India, where children never grow up to be adult human being (who can make their own decisions)
    Rather children are just mode by which you can extend your "Khandan/Ghar ki Izzat".

LOL
    Freudian slip or not, that just revealed your state of mind and thinking.
    For you all those thigns matter more than the fact taht other person is huiman being.

And again my eyes were bleeding reading your post.................................................................................................................................

10. khuram82

^^ read your post again......... n tell me how does your post add to the discussion? i know its alot easier to get personal with ppl n that shows ur tolerance towards different opinions!! i guess u really need to grow up ;)

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    I dont care about sticking to topic and similar crap doled out by Mods.

I say whatever is relevant to the spur of the moment.
    And tolerance to others opinion doesnt mean you agree with whatever they say.

Hmmmmm. Now that I read my post again. I find it very very relevant to teh topic.
    Maybe it evaded your mind for a while:
    Irrelevant you say?
    :think:

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Cat’s foot iron claw
    Neuro-surgeons scream for more
    At paranoia’s poison door.
    Twenty first century schizoid man.

Blood rack barbed wire
    Polititians’ funeral pyre
    Innocents raped with napalm fire

Death seed blind man’s greed
    Poets’ starving children bleed
    Nothing he’s got he really needs

13. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

^^^ Thank you dennis for pointing out what irrelevant means!!!!

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It must be really difficult being 23 years old and as stupid as this.

15. khuram82

^ I take ur word......for me u r among the most sane ppl over here.......n if u say so.......naah its actually wonderful being stupid! how do you feel though?

16. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

[bored school teacher voice]C'mon people, back to topic, you're straying from topic. You cant do that. [/bored school teacher voice]

17. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

I agree, and to add some comments to tht...i also feel that the base of all this inter-racial/religious marriage issue is in more than one way related to family. I personally feel that if ur upbringing has been liberal, u will tend to be relaxed about other groups or communities and this can lead to falling in love with people from other religions...If, however, u have always been taught to stay clear of such things then ur chances of getting into inter-religious stuff are slim. SO a lot can be accredited to ur parents..and general family..

I think parents who want to avoid such circumstances should either..make sure that their kids fully understand rite from early life...wht is expected of them....,or they should be ready to embrace and change their own mindsets.....cos people will do wht they feel is rite....

@ disturbed - Thanks :beer:

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I do what i desire....irrespective of those caste, religion shit.
    My family supports most of my decisions related to my personal life.
    At times they do sense that the steps taken by me might affect adversely...so they educate me...but the final decision is on me.

Im proud of my family.

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hah, I reckon this stems from a torrid discussion in the moderator's lounge where reason failed to see light?

20. Wow Denis, I can't belive it
    Your into King Crimson too.

Your more intelligent than I gave you credit for.