1st Electric guitar !!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ace41, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ace41

ace41 New Member

Hi,
    Im new to the guitar world. Have learned some of the chords and scales on my acoustic guitar... Now im planning to switch to electric guitar and do the rest of my learning with that.. and i have to buy one with my pocket money since i cant wait for 6 months when my parents will give me enough bux after my exams. What i want is a good local guitar to begin with :D

also.. i dont have enuf budget for an amp now... so can i connect it to my PC or sound system to get the sound o/p? or is it Compulsory to have an amp to get sound on a speaker ?

So in brief..
    1) I want a guitar around 6000 Rs (not goin to use this for more than 8 months, coz b4 that ill be buying a new one)
    2) Can i use my PC soundcard (or a 5.1 speaker system) to serve he purpose of an amp?

Thanx in advance...
    please dont say Ibanez GRX 20 is the best beginners guitar.. coz i already said.. very limited budget till my sem exams r over :D

2. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

1) For 6k, you could probably buy some decent used gear.
    2) You can connect it to your PC, but it requires lots of tweaking. For eg, I can easily connect my guitar to the laptop, but it's a pan connecting it to the desktop. There's some settings issue. You need some technical knowledge about PCs and sound cards and drivers to get a decent sound out of ur PC.
    ALso if ur PC is good enough, you can use softwares like amplitube, guitar rig3, revalver which are amp-modelling softwares. My experience with them has been quite satisfactory so far.

3. ace41

ace41 New Member

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

it'll be good to buy the amp if you can afford it on your budget. Playing thru a PC speakers wont give good sound.

5. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

+1
    Playing through PC speakers may actually put you off guitar playing. That's not a good thing.
    The pack looks good. Plugging a guitar into an amp is the best way to go IMHO. I'm not too sure about the quality of Silvertone, but I'm guessing with your budget and the fact that you are starting out, looks good to me.

6. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

Silvertones are fine guitars for beginners better dan any in dere range....atleast better dan aria, giVson or java..........but i would say u invest in sum decnt second hand ibanez or sumthing...........