1st Electric guitar !!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ace41, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ace41

ace41 New Member

Hi,
    Im new to the guitar world. Have learned some of the chords and scales on my acoustic guitar... Now im planning to switch to electric guitar and do the rest of my learning with that.. and i have to buy one with my pocket money since i cant wait for 6 months when my parents will give me enough bux after my exams. What i want is a good local guitar to begin with :D

also.. i dont have enuf budget for an amp now... so can i connect it to my PC or sound system to get the sound o/p? or is it Compulsory to have an amp to get sound on a speaker ?

So in brief..
    1) I want a guitar around 6000 Rs (not goin to use this for more than 8 months, coz b4 that ill be buying a new one)
    2) Can i use my PC soundcard (or a 5.1 speaker system) to serve he purpose of an amp?

Thanx in advance...
    please dont say Ibanez GRX 20 is the best beginners guitar.. coz i already said.. very limited budget till my sem exams r over :D

2. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

piece of advice: dont go in for the electric........it wont help your learning......

also, you get a really really good acoustic at that price.......
    you'll probably regret buying a cheapo electric, but mark my words "you wont be disappointed woth a 6k acoustic" and you'll probably have more fun with the acoustic......

if your parents are buying you an electric anyway why buy a cheap one now??? instead buy a good acoustic then tell your parents to buy a good electric too......so win win right???

cheers!
    :beer:

3. ace41

ace41 New Member

thanx for you valuable reply.. i already have an acoustic guitar (granada dreadnought ~4k) which i think is a good guitar and ive been using it since 6 months
    the reason y im planning to switch to electric is that.. im more interested in leads and solo's of hard rock and metal music
    the reason y i want a cheap 1 is that i dont want to hurt a costly guitar with my newb learning activities

any1 got a comment on this one ?
    https://www.silvertoneguitar.com/products/package_ss10pk/index.htm

4. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

if i had the kind of money i would've done the same thing.....

unfortunately for me, i had to be content with an ibanez 170dx after learnin for over 2 yrs.......

so lucky you!

go ahead!