11-Year Old Boys Sues Naukri.com Over Advertisment; Seeks Rs 1 Crore Compensation

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Mar 21, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Job web site Naukri.com has received a legal notice from an 11-year-old boy claiming damages to the tune of Rs 1 crore for allegedly showing a part of his name in bad light, a report said.

The notice, sent by Aneesh Bhanot on behalf of his son Hari Bhanot, said that the advertisement is "totally insensitive to the name Hari." It also charged that the advertisement has resulted in mental harassment and agony as many of Hari's friends started poking fun at him.

Source

2. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I can't wait for someone to make a joke on Vishal. 1 crore won't be enough then!

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

so what happens to al the hari dudes now that the HARI (H for hitler, A for arrogant, R for rascal and I for idiot) SADU ad is doing the round on tv?

4. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

Hari's dad/mom should be sued for naming him like that.
    If they are so sensitive, they should have kept a self-defensive name for their son.. which could not be expanded such.

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

That's a silly argument. People can even make fun of the death of the Pope so what's a name?

At least the person suing has a valid point to make in this case...

6. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

lol........ now i wonder why all Digen Verma's (or others) and Pappu' havent sued Frooti and Cadbury respectively:p:

7. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

well waddya know - today's sue day here at IGT - and is the world gone bonkers??? yes indeed... cant ppl take a joke - and that too when the "offense" wasnt directly meant to the dude suing - i mean - cmon - wat harrasment duz a bit of teasing - and that too in school - fer a 11yr old do? - havnt u bben pushed around in life??? - i mean - this sux - blatantly - this dude shud prolly getm a permanent lawyer naggin around behind him and suing any and everyone fer cracking a joke ---- DUH!

8. subho

subho New Member

I really feel sorry for the boy....

9. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

Agree with you that my argument it's silly. Then so is the legal notice. Doesn't it look like funny and stupid cases happening in US.. specifically to sue one.

It is difficult to bring everything under control. It also shows the inability of a dad to care/convince his son. What fat kax told above can be a point, he may require a permanent lawyer, if he is so delicate.
    C'mon, I thought we Indians are strong by heart, and take things easy.

10. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

this is dumb .!!!! ...come on ..its just an ad ..and the worst part being the dad askin for a 1 crore compesation .wata insane amount !! to all hari's , if you care so much , have a less common name !!!!!!!!!

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

This is not about being strong at heart at all....the kid might possibly be stronger at heart than you or I. It's about making a quick buck. The only logic I can see about making a claim like this in India is that the father hopes for an out-of-court settlement because the judicial system is actually a bigger harrasment than what the settlement is worth.

At least here the person suing has a valid reason since it is quite probable that he is actually being teased by other kids....It's probably a stronger case than robbing someone at gunpoint and suing him for attacking you.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yeah correct,
    + that kid should also sue all the kids who were teasing him + the parents of the kids who couldn't teach their KIDS common courtesies.

Infact this has given me an idea,
    1. mebbe I should first sue Farex (Some Kiddy cereal food maker) for using a child who looked like me in my early years.
    2. Sue all the ppl who used to call me "Farex Baby" :mad:
    3. Sue my parents for not telling others to stop teasing me and not soothing me.
    4. Sue my parents and my whole blood realtions for having a wicked gene that causes me to put on weight (no muscles only fat) so easily even after weight training.
    5. Sue advertisisng/marketing companies and doctors for telling that thin is in, les fat = less health problems.
    6. ...........................

The list can go on.

Heck I will sue the whole world.

13. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

awww....u were called the Farex baby???
    how sweet!!!*fluttering eyelashes*

14. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

WOW! i knew there was something not right about that add! :think:

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You still don't get it, do you?

This is not about doing the right thing or the logical thing or even the moral thing....they are targetting a company and not individuals because they know it will be a lot easier to get money out of them because of the bad publicity involved as compared to getting money out of an individual.

It's like the sudden surge of people suing Michael Jackson....he is at his most vulnerable at this point since more charges (no matter true or false) will only strengthen the case against him (regardless of whether he is guilty or not) so they all make some money at his expense and everybody is happy.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^
    ho hum.

We are on different tracks altogether.

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Put me on yours, honeybun.

18. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

:rockon:​
    that kid's a twirp....he'll never get through school at this rate:RollLol:---let alone college - dude - i shud prolly sue the dudes at the yoga camp i went to for putting colgate on my bum and makin it BURRRNNN like hell :mad: --- and fer makin me strip in the shower - and then shimyyy ...ok so none of that needed to be said - but yaar - thats life - u gotta be hedstrong....or REAL rich...:grin:

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    Guess that should be honey-bum, so I t00k teh liberty of changing it.

Uh, I was just ranting in simialr asinine vein as this kid/parents.

You were talking more in terms of commercial viability of the issue.

20. vini

vini Repeat Offender

lol....i didnt know such things happen in India as well
    rs 1 crore for mental harassment and agony... :p: