100 tourists from India bring their own food to Norwegian restaurant LOL

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jun 27, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

The operators of a small roadside café in the mountains of Norway suddenly found themselves occupied by two busloads of tourists from India over the weekend.
    It was a seemingly normal Sunday at the Jølstraholmen camping area in the county of Sogn og Fjordane. The adjacent Jølstringen Café already had a few guests when in walked a well-dressed man who spoke good English.

"He wondered if he and around 100 tourists could come in and eat," café boss Norodd Støfring told Aftenposten.no.

https://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1359236.ece

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Haha, no wonder.

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Are you spanish?? :grin: :p:

Newayz...
    It's really obvious :p:

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

ø <= special charachter is peresnt in ALL Nordic languages - Swede, Danish, Norweghian, Finnish (not sure) etc

the é is from Latin. Café is a French word. :p:

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

Not very surprised. Its just the consequence of people converting into rupees all the time. If someone says lunch is going to be 10 Euros (thats normal) , theyll be like "omg, thats 550 Rupees! i can buy (whatever you can buy for that) in india".

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hehehe!
    I can buy you a dinner @ uptown "snooty" restaurant or a 3-4 star hotel with that amount.
    :p:

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

CP-ed from the link.

Tourists took over café

The operators of a small roadside café in the mountains of Norway suddenly found themselves occupied by two busloads of tourists from India over the weekend.

It was a seemingly normal Sunday at the Jølstraholmen camping area in the county of Sogn og Fjordane. The adjacent Jølstringen Café already had a few guests when in walked a well-dressed man who spoke good English.

"He wondered if he and around 100 tourists could come in and eat," café boss Norodd Støfring told Aftenposten.no.

Støfring was happy at the prospect of such business, but knew immediately it would be difficult to accommodate so many people.

As it turned out, he didn't need to worry about serving them. Before he knew it, the tourists started streaming in, but not just with their wallets. They also had their own cooking utensils and food and literally took over Støfring's kitchen.

"I think they were warming up the food," he said. "They served rice and curry, and had their own disposable plates."

Støfring asked them to leave, but didn't get much understanding. "Their leader, who had spoken such good English, suddenly didn't understand what I said," Støfring said. "They were in the café about 20-25 minutes, before they went outside and continued to serve food from some of our outdoor tables."

The only thing they bought from Støfring was one cup of hot chocolate and some bananas.

"At first I thought the entire episode was incredibly audacious, but now I see the humour of it," he said. "Our other guests didn't want to leave. They thought it was the day's major entertainment."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in a mizoram forum (the link to which i got from the "alienation of the north east" thread), one mizo guy had said, "the status of indians in the world is the same as the status of biharis within india". now i see why :D