100 All Time Greatest Guitar Solos (Simply the best)

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Harsh Kumar, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

zip file will take 2 min to download but is worth a lot more.

How many do you know by heart.

Attached Files:

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Oooooh.. look at the comments below this.

CrYpTiC_angel likes this.
  3. alexis_alicia

alexis_alicia New Member

I got all those.....it's about 500+ MB.....If anyone interested in a particular song then i can provide.

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

well I do gree with most of them being great . But quite a few of those on that list are just ok forget being caled great. I am quite surprised I did not see some great names on that list, and a repataion of many guitarist ( though I do belive those guitarist repeated are GREAT AND DESERVE IT, but then just one of their songs could have been included) NO GARY MORE!!, NO STEV MORSE, NO JOHN HOWE, NO Paul Kossoff ( wow his solo in ALRIGHT NOW is one of my all time Fav, No Jerry Donahue, No WILL RAY, No John JORGENSON, No CHET ATKINS, No GEORGE BENSON, NO TOMMY BOLIN!!! wow I can go on and on..

CrYpTiC_angel likes this.
  5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I was trying to get hold of that list some time back but then I stopped half way when I seen what the list contains... I do LOve many on that list hoever.. I have ended up making my own top best list.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL, speaking of Tommy Bolin.
    Have you seen any of his live performance while he was in Deep Purple.

Even I can play better solos ( :p: ) than what he used to play live.
    He didnt play even his own solos properly. (The ones from the only album he made with Deep Purple)

7. shsnawada

hehe. I want to see that.

8. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

YOu are absolutly Right and absolutly Wrong at the same time. Any guitarist probably even aguitarist just learning Lead guitar coould play better then TOMMY when comparing to his DEEP PURPLE LIVE PERFORMANCE. TOmmy was totaly high and flying on DRUGS so much that he did not know waht he was playing!!! And that was the begning of his Disaster. He Ultimatly Died of a Drug Overdose. But HE was a GREAT GUITARIST. Imagine filling in RITCHIE BLACKMORE SHOES!!!! Deep Purple must have lokked around realy hard before choosing Tommy. Tommy was phenominal in the studio But forget the live performace and listen to him " Come and Taste the BAND". And He was also a great composer. also Listen to his solo projects. when I was speaking of Tommy I was talking abouth his talent, not his stupid stage performance where he was strugling to play../... cheak this out..https://www.tbolin.com

Oh by the way I forgot to ADD JEFF BECK TO THE LIST.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    I know, Tommy Bolin was good. (I have his Moxy at office)
    :)

Does the list have Leslie West (Mountain)?

O I forgot, Tommy Bolin's leads on You keep on Moving, almost cause me orgasm each time I hear it.
    Absolutely amazing!

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

No it does not have ...LOL the list also has just one song of
    ...AHHHHHH my list List will never end. No. Albert King....No freddie KING ( even JOE sat covered freddie king in the original G3.)
    I raly dont know who made that list. But honestly I think a few of the trcks donst desrve to be there, I dont see WHAT GREAT GUITAR SOLO is ther in some of those track. I am not going to mention which tracks I am talking abouth. If any body wants to know PM me. But Honestly ther are many songs and artist who richly belong there. also I dont see the need to repaet the same artist over and over.

11. Harsh Kumar

good to know that there are so many rock educated ppl here.
    how do u guys know so much? i wuld luv to have a trivia like that of urs.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Lad, we are old buzzards here.

Didnt you notice? Most of the names we took were from 60s and 70s (add 80s also).

When you grow up, kids of those times will also ask similar questions. :grin:
    Give the same answer.
    :)

13. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Unfortunately then he will have to tell people about the fantastic guitar solos of Slipknot and Linkin Park, since that is all one can hear on air these days!

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    Mebbe kids those days will dig ppl like Michael Angelo Batio.
    Coz everyone nowadays is jumping on the speed bandwagon. If it catches momentum, we will have every Tom Dick n Harry playing extremely fast.

Mebbe humans will evolve and their fingers + hands become more suitable for shredding.

15. shsnawada

Survival of the wankeriest. (the grammar is wrong but it doesnt make me kewl :( )

16. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Resistance is Futiel... HEHE Prepared to be BOGGED. Yeah The soon we will have players playing as fast as an F1CAR..
    AHHHHHH Wahats witha ll this speed Bandwagon. Ok I respect guiatrist who can shred and are at the same time talented like JOE SAT, STEVI VAI, MALSTEEN , JOHN PETRUCHI ext. But lok at Eric Johnson, he too is fast but in a very subtle way. Look at MR. Slow HAND, Gary Moore, Jeff Beck, Freddie King, Paul Kossoff . Chet Atkins , Mark Knopfler. I can go on and on. Actualy there are more faster guitaris in JAZZ musci then in rock, yes they might not be as fast as VAi or Malmsteen but overall FAST AND MELODIOUS.

Harsh do you listen only to rock? If so then you are missng some great music, and guitar playing.( I am not telling you to listen to TECNO LOL). I suggest listen to some old REGGE you can hear some great guitar solos even in proper regge and rap music ( NOT THE CRAPY RAP AND REGGE MUSIC YOU HEAR TODAY ON MTV ). Isten to Jazz, and clasic Rock like FREE, YES, DEEP PURPLE ( no just the greatest hits of DEEP PURPLE), I honestly dont find much good guitar works since afew years, save a few artist who have been playing for over two decades.

17. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

You know, lol I actualy very honestly make an attempt to play slow, and I enjoy playing slow. Infact I feel better when I play slow rather then just rip across the fretboard and imagine I use a Duncan JB,( but I like the tone of it.)

18. Harsh Kumar

dudes u are really ppl of substance. and FYI it wont hurt you to pm me some trivia facts. These are actually pretty good with chics who like music and when u say these names they ge sooooo impressed and then comes the good part. i think u know what i mean.

But
    jokes appart i respect my guitar a lot.

19. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

20. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

lol @ the list