1 GB limit enuf??

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by 6String_assasin, Mar 16, 2005.

1. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i think this must be quite enuf..i'm being offered a broadband connection of 256 kbps with a 1 GB upload/download limit and unlimited time limit.
    anyone can give me an idea of how much can i download within the limit for one month? (u know what i mean..other than viewing web pages..downloading files, music/videos etc.)

2. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Very Less... if you are an IGT Addict!! :grin:
    A Single IGT Page load eats up 89KB of b/w
    A Single Yahoo Mail page eats up 230KB of b/w (Due to heavy FLASH Ads)

So, since i was on a b/w package... i used up nearly 50MB a day!
    So, tat means 1500MB a month which is quite more than 1GB!
    And mind you, this b/w package has 1GB=1000MB(not 1024MB as it should be)!

So instead of falling for the 256kbps trap... go for say 64kbps... but it should be totally unlimited connection without any limits!!

Moreover.. this b/w calculations are very tricky... you are always on the loosing end!
    My personal experience... dont fall for the high speed ever!

And if you dont have any alternatives.... Surf the way i did at month ends....
    1)Disable all IMAGE Loads
    2)Disable ActiveX control to prevent Flash Files from Loading

REgards,
    Zooom...!!

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Well, i'm on 64 kbps and i use 3500 MB every month, so that should put things in perspective for you.

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

India really is far behind in broadband. I am quite sure I download more than a 100 gigs of stuff (music, movies etc.) every month.

5. 6String_assasin

thnx zoom n disturbed.
    actually i'm hungry for more downloads, so i was thinking of getting the 256 kbps connection..thanks for saving me ;) then what about the 64 kbps connection?..its unlimited. but what speed will both of them give me for download in KB/sec.?

6. death_metal_fan

Probably 7-8 KB/sec for the 64 Kbps connection. A 256 Kbps connection will probably give you a maximum download speed of 25-30 KB/sec.

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

no dude!..im getting a 30 kbps dload speed(with a 64 kbps unlimited connection) ..just did the math yesterday.
    I have dloaded 10 Gb already and the month aint over :):) ...aint i aint s.hittin u!

8. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

kbps=Kilo Bit Per Second
    KBps=Kilo Byte Per Second

1kb=0.125KB
    So, according to simple maths.... 64kbps=64x0.125=8KB

Hence a 64kbps Connection giving 30KB/s is impossible! Dennis, check your ISP...they might have upgraded you to 256kbps category!

REgards,
    Zooom...!!

9. d_ist_urb_ed

I know, that 64 kbps=8 KB/S maximum. But something's wrong with my ISP provider:grin: I get about 10.6 KB/S download speed max:grin: I'm not complaining though:grin:

10. Cirus

Cirus New Member

How is the MTNL's broad band connection for purchase? It is unlimited and heard they have increased the speed to 8Mbps from 256Kbps????

11. death_metal_fan

I highly doubt that. India does not have that kind of bandwidth to pump an 8 Mbps pipe straight into a user's home for an affordable price. If you want an 8 Mbps connection you will probably end up paying around 250,000 Rs a year (for a leased line).

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lol..i donno!..i just hope they charge me according to my plan.

13. d_ist_urb_ed

@Cirus, you're talking about paradise......8 mbps????? Impossible.

14. Cirus

Cirus New Member

Well, they show their advertisement almost everyday on TV,claiming for the 8Mbps limit from 256kbps.

15. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

it depends if they have placed down optical fibre in India. if they have then they can easily provide 8Mbps in India. Here in the UK they are looking to release the 8Mbps package soon.

16. 6String_assasin

8 MBps? *drool*

i think then i'll opt for the 64kbps plan..atleast that'd be better than my current internet connection which gives me at max 4-5 KB/sec. and that's gonna cost me less too..
    anyway thnx guys.

17. nadish

nadish Active Member

8Mbps?????????????? Thats unbelievable

18. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

well soon is a little while away. they are going to get 4Mbps by the summer. Then its a couple of years before 8Mbps might be available.

having said this if 8Mbps is to be released in this world the first place it will most likely be released is in Scandinavia or Canada.

19. __DiStUrBeD__

__DiStUrBeD__ _(¯`·._ÇrãÇKhËäD_.·´¯)_

Woah!!..Man I would Die for the 8 mbps connection..

20. Mudit Malhotra

Mudit Malhotra BLOODY FINGERED

no ways man

1 gb is simply not enugh
    well if u wanna take it jus take the slowest connection else u`ll finish ur 1gb very soon LOL
    hahahahahahah
    Mudit