How to backup Outlook Express email folders and settings
I need to upgrade from Windows ME to Windows XP, anyone can please tell me how can I backup everything in Outlook Express for am easy restore after reinstalling Windows?
to take backup of outlook
To backup all the messages and address book, you need to follow the following steps...
1. search for inbox.dbx in C drive.
2. open the folder where inbox.dbx is present
3. take backup of all the dbx files.
4. open your address book of outlook (tools-Address book)
5. export your address book as WEB (File-export-Address book(WEB)) to desktop
6. backup that exported address book
7. install your new OS and outlook
8. repeat step1 and 2
9. copy all the dbx files in that folder
10. open your address book of outlook (tools-Address book)
11. Import your address book (backup address book) as WEB (File-Import-Address book(WEB))
12. restart your outlook
By jazzbox in forum Computer Forum
Last Post: 12-04-2008, 10:35 AM
By Iunia19 in forum Computer Forum
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 01:25 PM
By vini in forum Computer Forum
Last Post: 03-16-2006, 09:27 PM
By Rey1970 in forum Computer Forum
Last Post: 10-01-2005, 03:13 AM
By jayanth in forum The ChitChat Lounge
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:21 AM
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO