This is a freak incident that happened last week. A young man and his 4 yr
old son went to a petrol bunk near Lal bagh (Bangalore) to fill in petrol
for his bike. The boy was sitting on the ****ion behind him. The helper
who fills petrol held the petrol gun upwards, and turned towards the meter
to re-set the meter. As soon as the setting was done the petrol came out
gushing out of the gun - due to some malfunction - (at least that's what
they said) in full speed and splashed all over the 4 yr old boy and his
father. Petrol entered the eyes of the boy. Immediately the boy was taken
into the cleaning area and was showered in a water jet. They washed his
eyes with lot of water. But the boy could not see anything.
The young man took the child to the hospital and immediately the hospital
authorities put him in ICU. The kid was then transferred to Vittala
Netralaya and after 2 days of treatment he got some vision again. Now he
is alright and is at home. The doctors told that just because the water
cleaning was done immediately, he has vision today otherwise the boy would
have been blind by now. Petrol (along with impurities) can burn the tissues
inside the eye. Now why am I writing this?
Please take some precautions next time you are at a petrol bunk.
1. If the engine was in running condition, this could have caused a major
Fire. So Switch off the engine in bunks .
2. Drop small kids and the person sitting behind you outside the bunk
and fill in petrol. Kids are more sensitive than grown ups.
3. Ask the petrol bunk helper boy to hold the gun down. Even if there is
such an accident let the petrol flow down and not on your face.
Love is not love
which alters when it alterations finds
or bends with the remover to remove.
It is an ever-fixed mark....
that looks on the tempests
and is never shaken.