Many of you who have lived outside the USA may not know that the US
Postal Service issues beautiful stamps each year honoring all
religions (Except Hindu) and many cultures. Here is the break down.
US Postal Service issues the following stamps each year among many
stamps they release:
1. New and different Lunar stamp each year honoring Chinese New Year
for Chinese people.
2. Kwanzaa stamp each year to honor African festival for Black
3. Black heritage stamp each year honoring famous Black people.
4. Special stamp each year in honor of famous "Spanish" people for
5. Hanukkah stamp each year for Jews people honoring their festival.
6. Different and multiple Christmas stamps each year in honor of
Christmas for Christians.
7. EID stamp since about 2001 for Muslim people.
No stamp is so far issued yet by the US Postal Service honoring any
major Hindu religion such as Hindu, Jain, Sikh, Buddhist,
Swaminarayan etc. or any Hindu festival such as "Diwali".
There is a campaign started in the USA since last about 2-3 years to
get "Diwali" stamp issued by the US Postal Service. But there is a
catch. US Postal Service stamp advisory committee needs 500,000
signatures on a petition in order to issue it. So far, we have
collected about 95,000 signatures on the petition. Hindus living in
any country can sign this petition.
We can't afford any more to sit and relax in the back seat while the
rest of the world's stamps are issued. I appeal to all Hindus to
please forward this e-mail to your relatives, friends,close
assocites, partners, all over the world to please click on the
following link, sign the petition, show your "Hindutva" and be proud
to be a "Hindu".
Please click on the link below to sign the petition. We must
get "Diwali" stamp in 2005.
OR COPY AND PASTE THE WEBSITE ON THE ADDRESS BAR http://www.petitiononline.com/diwali03/petition.html
It takes less than a minute (complete name, e-mail address which
U.S. Postal keeps confidential and the city you live in which is
optional) to sign the petition.
Thank you for taking your time.