hey i decided to check in again. ive been using my gnx 3 a lot. its got some amazing sounds and has some really easy to use features but some things are kind of screwed up/difficult to use. i think a guide to the gnx 3 might be useful:
the gnx 3 is a very versatile processor, by that i mean it can not only produce a variety of sounds but can be used as both a stompbox processor and a patch bank processor.
let me explain these terms, a stompbox processor is one which has many differnet patches and when one is selected you can turn on/off differnet parts of th patch (like amp a/b, modulation effect, etc..)n in real time while using the patch. a patch bank processor is one that has several banks (a, b, c, d) and the differnt buttons on the fornt access differnet patches in the same bank. I personally prefer the stompbox mode but thats only because i started on the korg ax100g which too operated in this mode.
ok now for the basic features of any patch in the gnx 3:
1. 2 amps. good choices of amps, though i find myself sticking to 3-4 amps for most uses. loads of editable paramaters for each amp, inlduing detailed eq. (u can actually set what frequency is low, mid, high and then use those settings for a 3 band eq allowing for almsot any eq form u can imagine) u probalby wont use this feature though.
2. wah/pcikup - u can choose from differnt wahs - it is automatically assigned to the exp. pedal. u acn also use the pickup modifier (single coil -> bucker, bucker -> single) - i never use this - i dont like how it sounds too much.
3. compressor - loads of settings - compression ratio, gain, speed, its really good. amazing in conjunction with distortions.
4. eq - already covered
5. noise gate - a configurable noise gate with sttings ike threshold,attack, type (silencer, pick supressor, etc.) - im not a big fan of the noise gate. i prefer not to mess around with it tooo much.
6. Chorus/modulation - loads of stuff like rotary speaker, chorus, flanger - i dont use much more than chorus so cant say much about it - nice chorus though.
7. delay - laods of different types - i normally just use the standard analog delay setting - the nice thing about this is that u can set the delay time in real time by holding down the delay button while playing and then tapping on it to set the delay interval while palying. its really nice.
8. reverbs - amazing array of reverbs - everything from church to hall to arena to spring simulation. its really good.
u can assign a million different paramteras to the expression pedal and this button called control thoughi prefer not to mess around with these 2 because this is reallly difficult to figure out and it usually just screws up the patch. this is the one bad bit of it.
i also dont sue the record funcrion so i cant help u on that.
hope this helps.
I'm telling you that there's nothing wrong with me. I'm telling you that there's nothing wrong with me. I'm telling you that there's nothing wrong with me. I'm telling you that there's nothing wrong with me. I'm telling you that there's nothing wrong with me. I'm telling you that there's nothing wrong with me. I'm telling you that there's nothing wrong with me. I'm telling you that there's nothing wrong with me.