Okay.... the looks are wierd and not my favourite too. I did a lot of research before buying the guitar and wanted a guitar with an amazing quality but within a reasonably smaller price. Most companies bring out poor guitars at their lower end models. For good quality guitar with lower budget I finally found 4 brands to chose from. They were Carvin, Godin, Parker and Brian Moore. These were not the regular Fender, Gibson or the Ibanez kind. These are great brands but the 4 brands I listed made really good guitars even in their low end.
I bought the cheapest Parker there is but there are something special about this.
1. Amazing neck. Beats any neck I have played in my life till date. The common slogan "Nothing Plays Like A Parker" is really true. Just touch it and you can feel the quality. It feels like a $1500+ professional guitar.
2. Smooth ebony Fretboard. Never seen such a smooth Fretboard. Beats all the Fender, Ibanez and anything I have played through.
3. Great Frets. Great Feel of the neck. You have to play it to understand it.
4. Amazing pickups. I almost bought JB and '59 for this but then changed my mind on hearing it. I thought all stock pickups would suck and I wanted to change them. The sound is so clean and so tight that it beats my DiMarzio Norton and PAF Pro hollow. I can't believe it but it's true. It tracks the notes really well and when you shred, every damn note is so damn distinct. This guitar is a shredder's dream. It packs in the power of a humbucker with the clarity of a single coil. But beware, it shows off sloppy techniques like crazy. It also highlights if you have a good technique. I have a stupid high gain patch in my AX1500G which is crap sounding and the Parker made this patch to sound amazing. The pickups are not high gain or hot but packs in a lot of things in it. It gives a great sustain and killer harmonics. On turning down the volume knob it cleans up the distortion even in the Metal Distortion / US Hi Gain full gain patches in my AX1500G and that's unbelievable. My DiMarzios can't do that.
5. Body is very light. It's only about 3kgs but the wood is extreeeemely resonant. Dont even plug in. Just play and it sounds like an Acoustic Guitar.
This guitar packs in an amazing sustain and the notes sutain a lot even in the 22nd Fret. That's really amazing.
6. It has a soft and very sophisticated tone. On playing clean without any effects, it sounds more an acoustic guitar. Add a bit of chorus and it really shine. But for that Metally Clean parts with that ringing chorus, I prefer my Les Paul copy.
7. The tone clarity is what that stands out. It makes AX1500G through a Marshall MG15CD sound professional.
8. The only thing I am not liking is the 25.5" scale length. I prefer the 24.75" scale length or I should use 11 guage string on the Parker. Currently using 10 guage Dean Markeley with it. Threw the stock strings 'cos they were 9s and found it very difficult to play with them.
9. Yep. The shape is not cool but considering the plus points, I wouldn't mind if the guitar was shaped like a circle or a square too.
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to. - Hendrix
If you can remember the '60s, then you weren't there. - Unknown
I'm shopping around for something to do that no one will like. - Jerry Garcia
Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got. - Janis Joplin
On stage I make love to twenty five thousand people; and then I go home alone. - Janis Joplin