Automatic Guitar Tuner
So this being my last semester I get to do a design project. Offcourse guitar tuner was on my mind thanks to my hobby. Now last semester I took an embedded systems class which got me thinking about an automatic tuner.....one in which the user choses a tuning, and the tuner automatically tightens loosens the strings to tune the guitar.
Apparently its been done......but not in a very economical/user-friendly way. Most of the old ones are pretty bulky and involve fitting the guitar on some sort of "bench" or "contraption"!!!
Anyways my plan/specs:
1. Guitar tuner with manual tuning option.....LEDs tell u whether u are off.
2. Automatic tuner option......you select the tuning and let the machine do it for you.
3. Battery operated(maybe a 9V for enough power).
4. Portable.......maybe not fit in your gig/bag......but u definately shouldn't need a cart for it.
5. Tuning perfection(harder to achieve than most people think).
Will keep ya'll posted.....was thinking of starting a blog to evaluate my progress.....will tell ya'll if that works out.
Hopefully my project is approved by faculty!!!!!!!!! WISH ME LUCK!!!!
So, so you think you can tell......