12k, get a Squire. Got to Bhargavas, play all the guits they have in that range and choose the one which sounds the best to ur ears. u cud also try out the tansen guitars. Its an Indian Guit company, their guits are cheaper.
Lastly if u really wanna drop ur budget then get a Givson...but bewarned 99% of the models are crap, i have one frm the remaining 1%.
So ... in cocnlusion, let ur ears and not ur fears decide for u. (ok that dint make much sense)
"Mister Fripp, your music is quite different than everything else out there. In one word, how would you describe it?"
"Progressive.... yeah, that's it..."
Zoom 606 - Rs 3999 (Price Drop!!!)
Stranger NS 30- Rs 1999 (Price Drop!!!)
PM me if u are interested