Sorry for repeating the most common question on the forum.
I am an absolute beginner, no experience whatsoever...I have played some other instruments but I want to learn the guitar (first string instrument). I am in Pune/Mumbai. I did look around the forum for other comments and tel nos of places in Mumbai. I just called a few places. Heres the results :
I guess most ppl recommend Hobner 265F. Most ppl end up buying a GiVson. Here are a couple of other brands I came across with cost :
1. Furtados - 22013163
Hobner 120 - 2625/-
Hobner 125 - 2675/-
Hobner 265 - 2975/-
Granada - 2775
all above with strings, cover etc
2. Bhargava's - 26411842
GiVson - 2200/-
GBA (?) - 2750/-
Yamaha F210 - 4850/-
all with cover, strings etc
3. Sardar Flute - Dadar - 24131508
Granada - 3250/-
Hobner 120,145 - 2850/-
Hobner 265 - 3000/-
the hobner has a belt along with other things
Suzuki - dont know details
4. Albertos - 28881523
Jim (??) - 2500/-
Hobner 265 - 3500/-
5. SB Music - 67021256
Granada - 2700/-
Pluto - ?
Hobner - ?
This guy specifically recommended Granada and Pluto. He said the wood was better and Hobner was made of ply.
6. Peter Pereira (really sorry if I spelled the last name wrong)
7. Music Distriution Co. - 23851519/20
Havent called the two places above, if there are any changes to the contact details or prices, please post the most updated info.
Here are my questions :
1. What guitar should I buy. My budget is 3k - 4k
2. Which one is the best for a beginner. I dont want to rock, if I can learn to strum well and move smooth between chords, I will be happy.
3. Whats good for me, a F-cut or a round-cut
3. Which brand is good between these : Hobner, Granada, Pluto, any_other for starters
4. What place in Mumbai is recommended?
I have more questions but will save them for later...
Thanks so much guys for this forum, it really helped me a lot. Waiting for replies,