Hey everyone! First off, I'm new here and I'm not sure if this thread belongs here. So, my apologies if it doesn't. As the title suggests, I want to know if I'm good enough to be in a band. I'm seventeen years old. I have a Greg Bennett Avion AV-6 and a Roland 15-XL amplifier.
1. I've been playing the guitar for about 3-4 years. I've wasted a lot of time practicing all the wrong things.
2. I know my scales - major, minor, pentatonic, blues and modes - well enough all over the fretboard.
3. I know a bit of theory - intervals, chord construction, Neapolitan chords, modes etc.
4. I can play solos from Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden etc but not all.
5. I have decent ears in the sense that I have figured out a few riffs in their right keys by ear.
6. I'm familiar with tremolo picking, economy picking, to some extent finger-picking.
7. I have written a few riffs and a song(words only).
8. I can only sweep up to three strings with some difficulty.
So, my question is, am I good enough to be in a band? I mostly do legato instead of picking all the notes separately. Is that a problem? If I'm not good enough, what are some areas I should spend more time on? Please suggest. Thanks!